A girl in my March mama’s group posted a great starter recently. I thought I would share some of the responses that either made me laugh or made me cry (happy tears, always!)
You know you have a toddler when…
- You put a band aid on your finger even though you don’t have a cut just to get the toddler to let you put on the finger where he does have a cut. And then you forget to take your fake one off for 6h.
- When you’re contemplating getting a dog to clean up the food he drops…
- You shrug it off when you’re sweeping the kitchen floor and your kid finds a cheese puff from God knows when and eats it. Nothing you can do about it now!
- You have to check your shoes before you put them on to be sure there aren’t toys shoved inside.
- You pick someone else’s nose
- Going to the grocery store alone feels like a vacation.
- you have “safe drawers” for her to play with, only for her to find something “unsafe” about them.
- You get a core body workout every day without even trying.
- There are tiny dirty white socks in your purse.
- Seeing someone’s else child cut a complete fool in the store no longer strikes you as odd or “unacceptable”.
- When it takes you 20 minutes to complete a task that should have only taken 3 minutes
- When you hide what you are eating because you don’t want to have to share
- When your 3 week old cell phone has peanut butter on the camera lense and yogurt dried on the screen
- when boogers, pee, poop, half chewed food, and vomit no longer cause you to react.
What’s on your list?