It’s hard to believe we have already been home from the hospital with a second baby boy for a month. Every day has been a small piece of the adventure in discovering our new normal. I’m at that point post-baby that I wonder if there ever will be a new normal. I know there will be, we just don’t know when. Right now is the time to enjoy the snuggles.
Enjoy that he wants to be held, because soon he will want to run free.
Enjoy that feeding him is as easy as letting him nurse countless times in a day, because one day every meal could be a struggle.
Enjoy that some days he might cry, because one day I won’t be able to calm his as easily.
After a month Nate is up to a whopping 9lbs 14oz! Nearly a 3.5lb gain. Good job little guy! And he is now 21.75 inches long. Woo hoo! Ben, if you are reading this someday, I’m sorry I didn’t keep track of anything for you the first year like this. I was, to say the least, overwhelmed. Just know I love you both to bits. You are almost 23 months and still filling each of our days with a ridiculous amount of joy.
- Nate is much more awake and alert. This didn’t happen until about 3 weeks old, but now he is awake more during the day than asleep!
- His eyes are starting to look like they will definitely be blue just like his brother and daddy.
- He loves to eat. Clearly, with that weight gain.
- Starting to switch from newborn clothes to 0-3 month size
- Ben has fully embraced having a little brother. We get the occasionally “Nay Nay” out of him and he loves to give him kisses.
- Now that Nate opens his eyes, Ben loves to point to them (or just poke them) and identify that they are eyes. Bug, I apologize for making you your brother’s doll to learn body parts on.
We had a newborn shoot done this month as well! I’m a fan of getting it in the first 2 weeks so that they are still a fresh baby. Thanks to the holidays, we JUST made it! Check out the awesomeness here. And be sure to watch the slideshow for extra goodness.